e-Stories.de Foren-Übersicht e-Stories.de
Kurzgeschichten, Gedichte und mehr!

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

May I, please?

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    e-Stories.de Foren-Übersicht -> Never ending stories [English]
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Majinie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jul 18, 2015 9:49 pm    Titel: May I, please? Antworten mit Zitat

This is my first try on a Never Ending Story, so I hope you'll like it and we might have some fun expanding it ^.^

---

"Thanks, but no thanks." I try to ignore the boy (or man? No, he doesn't look older than eighteen) in front of me so I can focus on the book in my lap.

"Please, I really need it!", he begs and I sigh, brush a lock of dark hair out of my face and look up.

"Look, boy", I explain patiently, "I don't know which costume party threw you out or which kind of drug they gave you - it's got to be a nice one, though - but I really don't feel like being turned into a vampire today, alright?"

"But why not?", he whines. "It is important for the initiation ceremony!"

"I am sure I'd make a terrible vampire", comes my deadpan reply.

He grins and responds: "Oh, you'd make a great one, I am sure. It's all...", his expression turns into the one of a person who is certain they are going to make a really good joke the next second, "in the blood".

I groan and bury my face in my hands. Great, a teenage would-be vampire with a horrible sense of humour. I am only waiting for my train to arrive, what have I done to deserve this? It is not like I'm not a big fan of fantasy novels, and although vampires are not among my favourites, I'm not opposed to the idea of them either. But this? This is ridiculous.

"Sooo", I say slowly, trying really hard to keep my expression serious. "You are a vampire and for your initiation ceremony, you need to turn a human into one, did I get that right?" He nods eagerly. "But you are aware that you're a creature of the night and don't usually ask before doing that kind of things, aren't you? I'm pretty sure that's not how it goes."

"Oh, it's all about manners these days", he sighs exasperatedly. "See, you can't just sneak up on somebody and turn him anymore. There needs to be consent, or we're going to be in trouble."

"Ah", I murmur, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. "I've got a question though - do you sparkle in the sunlight?"

He frowns and then shakes his head. "No, that's bullshit. Excuse my language."

"Ah", I repeat and he leans forward with a hopeful glimmer in his eyes.

"So? What do you say?"
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden
Rabenmond

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Nov 04, 2015 10:57 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Majinie,
I hope you´ll like this Very Happy I think your beginning is really cool, so I tried to keep the pace and tone

“Why don´t you just sit down for a minute, you really look a little pale“ I replied instead.

He did with a sigh, maybe relieved, maybe tired?

“Let me get this right“ I said “You need to convert, ah, I mean, turn someone into a vampire, so you pass your initiation. Which means that someone would have to turn another human into a vampire, so he can pass his initiation and so on?”
The look on his face was rather defeated. “Yes”

“Mhm, what happens if you don´t pass?”
“The clan won´t take me”
“And if that were to happen?”
“Then I´m dead meat”

- at this moment, I didn´t say that practically, being a vampire, he already was some kind of a walking-talking dead-meat sort of person – instead I said:

“Why, they´ll kill you?”

“No” he buried his head in his hands “But I´d have to live alone, no territory, no hunting grounds so to speak, no rights, and that as a vampire is the same as being, well, eliminated already”

“They sound like a pretty serious bunch” I said.

“It´s tight policy” he sighed, sobbed? I wasn´t quite sure so I quickly went on:

“ Aren´t there any other clans around who don´t have the task of turning someone? Something else like, I don´t know, catching bats or staying awake one entire day in the sunlight or something…” My voice trailed away as I saw the despair on his face.

“Well?”

“There are, but belonging to them is like belonging to the lowest caste in Hinduism, you´re untouchable, outcast, same as being alone”

“That´s bad” I said.
“That is bad” he said.

“If this is about manners, don´t you have a contract with you, something to read and sign?”

“Yeah, sure” his eyes gleaming with hope, he handed me a bundle of paper.

Coffeespots covered the first pages, but still, it was printed, at least.

As I skimmed over words of welcome, explanations of the situation at hand and other formalities like “After signing this contract, you have the right to resign within 14 days, should you decide otherwise” I stumbled across the word
“Side effects:
Please note, that being turned into a vampire, objection is not possible thereafter.
The first 24 hours will – probably – not be any different than the ones before the conversion.
After that you may feel dizziness, nausea, cold or heat waves, sweat, loss of hair.
Also possible are paleness, the flu, pain in the limbs, fever, diarrhea etc. ...
This may take between 48 hours to 7 days, when you have reached asystolia, Congratulations, your transformation is complete!”

By that time, it was for me to be pale and I said:

“I have another question. What´s your name?”

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Rabenmond am So Nov 15, 2015 1:20 pm, insgesamt einmal bearbeitet
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Majinie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Nov 14, 2015 1:18 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hey there, it's great! Very Happy

---

Admittedly, I posed the question to stall him, more than out of genuine interest. Why couldn't the damn train just arrive? That's what you get for relying on public transportation, I thought to myself, staring down at the contract in my hands.

This was ridiculous. A vampire asking me to let him turn me into one, with a contract and everything, and off-handedly telling me about some vampire society thing which he was apparently part of. Was I on their radar, now that I knew about it?

"The name's Jayden," he introduced himself. I nodded slowly and skimmed over the pages again.

"So it says here," I begun slowly, "that I have 'the right to resign within 14 days, should I decide otherwise'. That means you wouldn't... um, bite me right away, but I'd sign this and have a fortnight to decide, is that right?"

"Exactly," he confirmed.

"And... what would I do in that time?", I asked. Admittedly, my curiosity was spiked, although I still expected somebody with a camera to jump out from somewhere to tell me that I'd fallen for a well-planned April fools joke. In December.

"You would get to know about customs and everything you needed to know so you have the opportunity to decide whether you really want that or not," Jayden explained, practically bouncing with excitement.

"And if I decide against that, wouldn't there be the danger of me telling someone of all this?", I kept digging.

"Well," he replied slowly, baring perfectly white teeth in a grin, "nobody ever told anybody before." There was a threat in his words that made me shudder, but he was back to the enthusiastic teen just a moment later. "But why would you decline, anyway? It's great, you'll see. And nobody would believe you." He did have a point there.

"Okay," I muttered, staring down at the contract. It was stupid. It really, really was. If I read between the lines of what he'd said, I would probably be killed if I stepped out of the contract.

But this - assuming that it wasn't some sort of joke - was an incredible opportunity. Every fantasy-lovers dream come true. I could give it a try, couldn't I?

It's stupid, stupid, stupid!, my mind screamed at me.

I took a deep breath. Well, I'd never been good with making reasonable decisions anyway.
Rabenmond

BeitragVerfasst am: So Nov 15, 2015 1:17 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

That was fast Wink
I really like the way you write, it´s so ironical and funny Cool

I reached into my bag for a pen, when he, smooth and quick as lightning, pulled a fountain pen out of his jacket - black leather, how very gothic! - and put it on top of the contract ever so gently.

"Wait a minute", I said. He pulled up his eyebrows in a disappointed kind of way, waiting.

And yet, as his eyes flared up like a vulcano and ceased in the blink of a second, later, remembering I thought to myself, I had seen a tiny little bit of who he really was.

Instead, I took up his pen. It nearly seemed to write my name itself, sliding to the shape of my fingers as if reading my palm. I felt the carvings in black silver rather than seeing them.

"There" I said, looking at my signature, being surprised myself.

"Great" he said, and with relief he curled up the paper and tucked it into his jacket pocket.

"Wait, don´t I get a copy or something?"

"You don´t need one" he said, shrugging. But when he saw the very sceptical look on my face he added: "Don´t worry, it´s safe with me".

That didn´t convince me at all, but I didn´t have time to object, because, finally and very much too late, the train arrived.

No brakes screached, no steam went up I noted disappointedly as the train halted in the middle of the night.

We both got on the train, walked along the empty corridor.
At least it has flickering overhead lights, I thought, as we sat down.

He looked out the window, saying nothing when I coughed slightly and asked: "Now then, won´t you tell me something more specific about vampires? Like what do you do, what kind of super-powers you have and wether I am going to have an allergy against garlic or..."

My voice trailed away and he just turned his glance toward me, grinning and said "Oh, it´s not that much really, but I´ll tell you anyway"
Majinie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Dez 19, 2015 3:53 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

(Sorry that this took so long this time! *sigh* Real life got in my way...
I loved the contract-signing scene!)

"I guess you'll know a lot through myths and stories, and although we've established that not all of them are true - we do definitely not sparkle - there's some things you can take for them. The invitations, for example."

"Invitations?" I repeated with a questioning look. "You mean you really can't enter anyone's home without them inviting you in?"

"Exactly," Jayden nodded and I shook my head with a little sigh.

"That's got to be annoying," I remarked. "Why is it- I mean- there has to be an explanation for it, right?"

"There are several ones," he replied. "To be honest, I'm not sure which one is actually the right one. Some say that vampires are spawns of the devil and by inviting them in, you're symbolically giving in to Satan's temptation, that sort of thing, but well... I haven't met the devil yet, so I'm not sure that that's the most trustworthy reason."

"And which one is?" I asked, half sceptically, half curiously.

"Well, my personal favourite is the sexual connotation of it," he gave me a playful grin, "what with 'inviting the vampire in' and all."

"Yeah, okay, this conversation just died a horrible death," I declared with a head-shake. "Let's settle on 'we don't know why' and never talk about that again."

"You're no fun," Jayden complained with a pout.

"Excuse me? I just signed a contract allowing you to turn me into a vampire, how much more fun do you expect of me? I think that's enough for now," I responded, altough I could feel myself grinning. "So, want to go on with your explanations? Can you, I don't know, turn into a bat or something?"

I saw Jayden opening his mouth to reply, but before he had any chance to, the lights on the ceiling went out and we were left in the utter darkness of the tunnel we were currently driving through. From the young vampire next to me, I heard a muttered "damn".

---

Your choice what you make of this Wink Could be something completely harmless or... well. Your choice.
Rabenmond

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Dez 22, 2015 11:57 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Majinie,
Here comes the Christmas Edition, therefore, it´s a little longer, sorry.
Hope you enjoy it! Smile Merry Christmas!

PS. Have you thought of a title yet, for this story, I mean?

“Well, well, well”, a voice rasped through the darkness like sandpaper.
I could hear Jayden responding a long, deep, rumbling growl, making me wonder, whether he was also a werewolf.
“What´s going on?” I asked “I can´t see shit”
“It´s better that way, believe me” Jayden said calmly.
“Oh, you´ve got her believing you, alright” Mr. Sandpaper replied.
“Just du, what I tell you and you won´t get hurt” Jayden muttered over his shoulder.
“Funny, I was about to say the same thing”, the Voice said.
Somehow, all this was pretty surreal.
“Now while you two obviously know each other, I don´t believe that I know you”, I said.
And though it was utterly dark in the apartment, it was as with the low, smouldering laugh I could see the devious smile on a face that was as scarred as its voice.

“She´s a curse, isn´t she, Jayden? A very powerful one, and you can´t get free”
Jayden moved forward, so I guessed the other guy did, too.
“I understand you, I really do, but you have to understand me as well”, Mr Sandyman said.
“I do” Jayden replied, “but I don´t understand how you can still think that you can do what you want”
“Oh, you know me, I´m not going to do anything, I´m just gonna get what I want”
And his voice seemed to be directly in my head when he said: “Why don´t you come over here, Eleanor, and I can introduce myself”
I´d been wondering, when my name would turn up.
“Somehow, that doesn´t strike me as so polite, in the given situation”
“That is not less rude”, the answer came back.
“Kyle, you heard her, and I suggest yo pack your little Pack and leave”
“Alright, let me just pack that little girl then”

And then, finally, there was some action in this dull evening, although I didn´t see much of it.There was a big commotion of fists hitting jaws, joints being dislocated, teeth being bared, hissing and growling, like a sound show by wild animals.
I kept backing away, and finding the right button, switched on the lights.
Jayden seemed to be caught up in the middle of a clawed and fanged pack of storybook werewolves, pale as the moon and eyes all bloodshot with bloodlust.
On top of it all the Scarred Face, grinning confused-looking and blinded. So I quickly shut off the lights again and that frozen moment erupted back into scratching and snarling.
I also realized that one: Jayden was clearly outnumbered, two: I found him far more likeable than the Pack and Mr. Sandman and three: still Jayden wouldn´t be able to save my ass out of this one.
So I did what any normal person would do in this situation of limited options: I began wildly switching on and off the lights, which seemed to confuse pretty much everybody.
Jayden at once pulled out sunglasses from his jacket – next it would be a white rabbit saying –
“We´re out of time here” Jayden said, grabbed me and pulled me through the next three compartments.
In the last, he ripped of my necklace with the tiny silver cross and tossed it in the doorway.
The Pack wasn´t far behind.
“Now what?” I asked
“Now you pray” Jayden said “I don´t believe in God!”
“Jesus, just pray!” Jayden cried, throwing strange stinking smoke bombs, that kept their predators at bay – for about two seconds.
Dear Lord in Heaven” I began “Why wouldn´t you want to look down to earth once in a while”.
Jayden threw me a look of utter disbelief.
Like now would be a good time… I don´t want to rush you but…
Jayden knelt down beside me, taking my folded hands in his.
“You´ll have to do better than that or they will get past that necklace”
Dear Lord in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name
I could also do with some kind of miracle down here
Because as much as I hate to say it…

A big bang exploded as the pack ran against what seemed like an invisible wall, but then the glass door splintered and cracked. The train rattled out of the tunnel into the dark of the night.

…but dying now would be a little inconvenient
“Listen to me, El, they want to turn you, okay?”
“No! Really?!” I exclaimed.
“Keep praying!” so I did silently while listening to him
“He will and he won´t be nice about it. The only way I can protect you is bite you myself, okay?”
“No!!!”
“That way he can´t harm you”
“But the contract!”
“Last article: If an extraordinary situation is at hand, such as the to-be-vampire is about to die shortly, the 14 day span is obsolete.
Jesus! But Kyle would need a contract, too”
“He doesn´t give a shit about the contract or the rules”
“Neither do you, I didn´t see that article”
“It´s the Unwritten Code” Jayden shrugged.
“No way! You´re making this up as you go along!”
“Without the contract you´ll practically be his slave”
God, hurry up, I´m growing short of arguments and prayers
“It´s the only way to get you out of here alive” Jayden implored.
“Haha, very funny!”
“The moment I´ve bitten you, he can´t touch you”
“Is that another rule he doesn´t give a shit about?”
“No, that´s where the magical bonds set in”
“Okay” I thought I understood that.
Suddenly the world or at least, the compartment erupted around us, I felt two seething stings on my neck, searing along all my veins, tendons and bones, and all I could say was: “Amen

I came to sitting between Jaydens leather boots and the black shoes of Kyle.
Kyle grinned down at me very calmly.
He laughed and nodded toward Jayden, and then he laughed even harder.
“Well, well, well”, he sighed.
“Good to see you, anyway, you’ve been gone a long time, old sport”
He shook his head, and kneeling before me, stroking a strand of hair out of my face, watching my eyes with a very strange, intruding look he said:
“I wonder who of you two got played tonight”.
“So long” he said to Jayden, and with the next second of darkness, he and the Pack were gone.

PPS. I´m not quite sure, what Kyle meant by that, maybe you know, and maybe we´ll only find out at the end of the story. Smile

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Rabenmond am Sa Jan 16, 2016 5:43 pm, insgesamt 3-mal bearbeitet
Rabenmond

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Dez 31, 2015 4:43 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Majinie,

I wanted to wish you a very
Happy New Year!!!
Very Happy
Majinie

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 09, 2016 7:46 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hey there! Sorry for being so late, I didn't have internet during the holidays... thanks and Happy New Year and merry Christmas to you, too! ^-^ I loved the extra-long Christmas edition, it was wonderful (and definitely the bestest prayer ever, oh god xD Laughing )!
Things always get most interesting when they're made up spontaneously (although I do already have one or two ideas, we'll see ^^).
Aaand, uh, no, I'm horrible with titles. ^^° If you have an idea, let me know Very Happy

---

For a moment, neither of us spoke and I looked around in the chaos that we had left in the compartment. There was no sign of our attackers and if I hadn't known better, I would have said that the chaos (and the stench from those bombs) had had a wholly natural cause.

"Well," I said after a while, leaning back against the wall behind me, "to put it this way: fuck." Unconsciously, I raised a hand to rub over the spot that Jayden had bitten; it was sore and I pulled my fingers back with a wince. "So did I get this right?" I asked. "Those were werewolves, yeah?"

"Yep," Jayden confirmed curtly and uncharacteristically serious.

"And for some reason, they don't like you."

"Not a bit."

"And because I'm with you, they don't like me either," I guessed.

This time, it took a little longer until the vampire responded: "That would be right."

She's a curse, isn't she, Jayden? Kyle's voice echoed through my head. I wonder who of you two got played tonight. What the hell had I gotten myself into?

For now, I decided that I wouldn't call Jayden out on the lie that he had told. I was pretty sure that the reason of Kyle's visit wasn't just Jayden's presence at my side, but right now, I was crashing from an adrenaline high and really not in the mood to stage an interrogation.

"I see," I just said, pulling myself up into a seat and leaning my head back against the window.

A curse, my mind repeated at me. A very powerful one and you can't get free. The words made me re-evaluate what I had thought about Jayden - maybe I wasn't some random stranger that he happened to meet. Maybe there was a reason he had asked me of all people.

Maybe he wasn't even talking about me, I tried to reason with myself. Maybe it's about some crazy vampire queen or something. Maybe- ah, I don't know.

With a frustrated sigh, I opened my eyes to find Jayden staring at me. Still unwilling to deal with this right now, I averted my gaze and caught sight of my necklace, laying on the ground solemnly, and stood up to retrieve it.

Just before I touched it, however, I glanced at Jayden over my shoulder and asked: "I can touch this, right? I'm not going to get burned or anything because of the silver?"

He shook his head. "Go ahead, nothing's gonna happen."

I nodded and picked the small silver cross up before I moved back to Jayden, who had collapsed into one of the uncomfortable seats on the train by now. For the first time after the Kyle-incident, I really looked at him; he seemed completely exhausted, his clothes were torn in several places and there was a long gash on his forehead with dark blood trickling down from it.

Unbreakable skin is definitely a myth, then. In your face, Twilight.

I sat down next to him and gave up holding back the stream of questions that played over and over in my head: "Isn't silver supposed to keep vampires away?"

"Myth, obviously," my companion responded drily, gesturing towards my hand.

I nodded. "Then what about garlic? Do you like garlic?"

He scrunched up his nose. "I hate garlic..."

"Okay, one of them's true then-"

"...but I don't know anyone who likes it. I hated it before. It's just disgusting."

I hesitated. "And that's not because you are..."

"No," he interrupted. "I mean, do you like garlic?"

"No," I admitted, "but..."

"See? Nobody likes garlic, vampire or not. Nobody likes people with garlic breath. It's just... ugh."

I opened my mouth to argue, but thought better of it. There were definitely more important questions than the culinary worth of garlic. Opting for taking the direct route, I stated: "Kyle said something about a curse." Jayden stared fixedly at a wall. "What did he mean?"

"Don't know," he professed. I raised my eyebrows and he shook his head, staring down at his shoes when he noticed that his lie had been caught. "Look, maybe I'll explain it to you, someday, but right now, it's not important."

He still didn't make eye-contact, but the way he held himself, defensively, almost defeated, and with unruly strands of hair falling into his face, he looked completely different from the childish, cheerful boy who had first spoken to me at the station. The image was such a sad one that I decided not to pry right now about whatever was behind that 'curse' to cause such a reaction; after all, there was a lot of other things that I could ask him.
Rabenmond

BeitragVerfasst am: So Jan 10, 2016 1:21 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Majinie! Hope your holidays were fun Very Happy
Beautiful, the sudden serenity in this scene! Please tell me about your ideas nonetheless, so maybe we can write towards them Smile I have some notions myself, but I´m not so sure whether they fit in with yours.

The train got to a halt and reading the lighted sign outside, I recognized my station.
So I decided that I was done asking questions to which I wouldn´t get an answer anyway, and said: “We need to get off”
Without waiting for any reaction, I pulled Jayden up and walked to the compartment door.
The moment it opened cold night air rushed around us, and my feet touched ground. It felt good, safe somehow.
Jayden looked awfully pale, wearing a strange, distant countenance.
“It´s not far” I said and started walking, not letting go of his hand. The wind wisped through the trees illuminated by orange glowing lampposts. It carried scents of rain far off, dust and tar.
I got pulled back in mid track.
“What?” I asked.
“Where are you going?”
“My place of course”
“So you can puke and fever and lose your shit and transition right under your parents nose?”
“What are parents for?” I asked.
“Eleanor, they have no idea! Do you know what they will do? They´re gonna bring you to hospital and –“
“Maybe that´s a good place to be sick at” I shrugged.
“And the docs won´t have a solution and off you go to more and more tests and what not!”
“Maybe I´ll be just fine, maybe I won´t have all the symptoms that were listed in that contract, I bet it was a fake anyway!”
And then I saw his startled look, as he stopped before a parked car.
“It was a fake!!!” I realized.
“But the symptoms are gonna be damn real! You´ve got terrible nights ahead of you. And you sure as hell ain´t gonna get through them all by your lonesome! Now get in”
And he opened the car door.
“You had this all mapped out!” I tried to sound annoyed, and couldn´t help sounding impressed.
“Better than having no plan at all, like you right now” He said calmly. “Come on”
“Yeah, you´re probably right” I sighed.
I walked up to him and said: “So it´s your place, then?”
“Sort of, I´ve got a few friends there” he replied.
I nodded. “Okay” and as soon as he started the engine, darkness curled up around me like a cat and I fell asleep.
Majinie

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi Jan 13, 2016 9:20 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Well, as for the curse - I'm a fan of reincarnation, so maybe Eleanor had a life prior to this one and Jayden knew her? There's room for extra drama if he was somehow at fault for her death and blames himself. Kyle will have had something to do with that...
Although Jayden is quite young, so maybe it was another life for him, too, but he remembers his former incarnation for some reason. There might be a way to get memories back or something... That's just the general direction that my ideas took. ^^
You can tell me yours, too, so we can decide which version we take - or if we combine them, let's see Very Happy
Holidays were okay, thanks Smile Hope yours were as well!

And whoa, Jayden - he started out so innocent and dopey... (not that I don't like this version, he's great. :3 But I bet Eleanor is pretty damn confused now.)

--

I woke up surrounded by an unfamiliar smell and strange sheets. For some seconds, I contemplated to go back to sleep and deal with that later, but for that, the situation was simply too unsettling. With an annoyed sigh, I sat up and scrubbed a hand over my face. I had the mother of all headaches and as soon as I moved, nausea was churning in my stomach.

Oh. Right. That. I sighed as the memories returned to me and stared down at my hands while I turned thought after thought over in my head. It did nothing to help my headache, but I hadn't got anything better to do in this small, blank room. Well, then it's time to do something about it, right? I swung my feet off the mattress and felt a rush of relief as I noticed that I was still wearing all my clothes, sans the sneakers. I spotted those next to the door, though, so there was nothing for me to worry about.

With small, careful steps, I walked over to the door and slipped into my shoes. I hesitated with my hand on the door handle; who knew what was out there? But Jayden had said that he had friends here, so what was the worst that could happen... right?

Tentatively, I pushed the handle down and was fairly surprised that the door really wasn't locked. I opened it slowly and peeked out into the corridor. I spotted no other human being (or any other being, for that matter) and dared to leave the room, clicking the door shut behind myself softly. On quiet feet, I walked down the hallway. It was full of doors identical to mine, making it seem like some sort of hotel, albeit a very plain one. The lights were working, the smell was not unpleasant, it was quiet - there was nothing to complain about, but the silence was unnerving. I felt like I was the only person in the whole - what was this, a building? I saw no windows, all the light came from bulbs on the ceiling. Was I underground?!

Just lacking the coffins now, I thought sarcastically and rounded a corner, just to run into somebody who cursed violently while I just yelped in shock. At least it wasn't silent anymore.

"Shit, I'm so sorry!" I apologized hastily. "I didn't watch where I was going, I'm... sorry..."

A murderous glare out of piercing green eyes let the words die on my tongue and I swallowed as the blonde young woman in front of me stood up, brushed her golden locks back and hissed: "I should hope so!" before she stalked away into the corridor I had come from.

I looked after her and, slightly belatedly, called: "You ran into me, too, you know? No need to act so snappy." As an answer, she shut a door behind herself loudly and I huffed. Fine then. Dusting my clothes off, I got up and resumed my little stroll. Bumping into someone on the first turn, that was just my luck... and such a bitchy one, too. Great.

Shrugging my shoulders, I decided to find out where the hell I was and climbed the first flight of stairs that I encountered.
Rabenmond

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 14, 2016 2:25 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Ooooh I smell a catfight ahead Twisted Evil
Or even better: a catfight with a twist

Haha! We had the same idea, or very similar at least! Very Happy
The reincarnation is what I had in mind, too. Cool
I had a little time today, so the story just kept going on and on, I´m sorry it turned out so long. Rolling Eyes
That´s why I wrote down my ideas in a Arrow pn for you.
Hope you´ll like it.

I only have one question: What do Eleanor and Jayden look like?

I went up in spirals for three storeys, or was it just me being out of breath?
My knees felt weak when I finally reached the ground-floor in another corridor, which was flooded by stripes of light and shadow.
At the end, it opened up into a big parlour with couches around a big low table, curtain covered windows, a bar and – no way! a huge fireplace! Opposite a big door was a counter, so I guessed it really was a hotel, or at least, had been.

Clanking and clashing split the silence as something big clattered to the ground, and apparently broke into a lot of splintering pieces, for somebody loudly cursed in a mash of English and some other language.
I ran behind the counter, from where all the commotion seemed to come and stumbled into a chaos of gigantic scale.
Neither tables or chairs nor cubboards were to be seen beneath huge piles of everything including piles of paper, bottles, broken glass, prismas, cups, cards, stones, wood and metal in all shapes and sizes.
I just stood there, and jerked back as something dug its way out of all that mess. And then I realized it was someone.
“Ow!”, he groaned, scratching his curly black hair, while blindly fumbling around for support, which only got him to lose his balance again.
I tried to make my way over to him, while he went on grumbling curses to himself. Finally I reached him and helped him up again. The look on his face was confused and surprised and then a broad grin spread across it.
“Oh, Hi, thanks” he said. Getting up, he shook off feathers and colored powder.
“Are you okay?” I asked.
“Yeah”, he groaned, looking around. “Now where did I put it? Where did it go?”
“You sure?” I said doubtfully.
“Nah, what was it that I´m looking for? Ah yes!” he darted into a pile beneath a table and pulled out a large wooden box. “Ha!” he called triumphantly.
When I looked closer at him, I recognized that he could not be older than 15 or 17. ´
“I´m Eleanor” I said.
“Yep”, he nodded, “he told me. I´m Talon” and he grinned and tried to open the box.
“Damn it! Where´s the key?” and he wildly started rummaging around in the pockets of his worn out jeans and an antiquated waistcoat, that was slightly too big for him.
“What´s with this one?” I said, picking up a small golden key from the floor.
“Yes, that´s it!” his expression lit up and he took the key. He looked at me and his grin fell to a worrisome worried look.
“Are you hungry? There´s some pancake and scrambled eggs and fruits left in the kitchen, if you go through there”, he said, pointing vaguely to the right.
“Thanks” I said, “I really am”
“Eleanor?” someone called from the parlor.
“In here” I called, while Talon was back to fitting the key into the boxes keyhole.
“Why don´t you come out? I don´t want to break my neck in there”
And I had to laugh silently.
“Oh, El!”, I turned around and Talon said: “Very important: In case you need it: Bathroom is out there to your left and there are one or two on every level”
“Thanks” I said.
And when I finally found my way back into the living room, Talon had managed to open the box and started cursing again, apparently it was the wrong one.

Jayden waited there and I felt myself sighing in relief.
“Morning” I said. “Good morning”.
“You just met Talon” he explained.
“Yeah, he told me”
“He did?” and Jayden looked surprised.
“He seems nice” I said. “But what is he doing with all that stuff in there?”
“Searching for spells I suppose, or counter spells for the ones he accidentally did. I´m not sure he knows himself“
“He´s a wizard? He looks so young”
“Still deadly if you call him a wizard! He prefers Wicca, or warlock, so be careful. And yeah, he´s only 15, that´s why they call him the Witch Kid”.
“Okay, I´ll remember that” I nodded.
“How are you?” I asked, for he looked like he hadn´t slept at all.
“How are you?” he asked back and I laughed and was about to say “All right” when the scarce sunlight suddenly started to turn and my legs gave way.
“Whoa whoa” Jayden said and caught me, supporting me over to a sofa.
“Sorry” I mumbled, trying to find my balance, “haven’t had breakfast yet”.
“It´s okay” he said, putting up my feet.
“I´ll get you something”.
He disappeared while I stared up at a ceiling which was painted in beautiful frescos that showed people sitting around a table that bordered a starry sky. They ate and drank and talked about stories of long gone times and stories forgotten.
“They say that Dawn fell from grace and travelled to the deeps of hell to find him…”
Strange melodies echoed through the hall, like bagpipes far away and the tunes of a flute piercing the night sky.

“Here you go” Jayden tore me out of the dream and sat down opposite me.
“Pancake and apple and cereals and orange juice”
“Wonderful! Thank you!” I grabbed the orange juice and grimaced as I spilled it down for it was like bittersweet fire cauterizing my mouth.
“Yeah, that will go away in time” Jayden said.
I whimpered and pushed away the pancake, for it was like pure sugar filling my nose, my lungs, sucking away the air to breath.

“It´s too –“
“Too much, I know” he said.
“I can´t starve!” I cried.
“Eventually, you´ll have no other choice, but for now there is a solution” He comforted me.
“Which is?” I sobbed, for I was really hungry.
“American food” he said, and so he just brought me toast with nothing on it and it tasted like heaven.
Rabenmond

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Feb 08, 2016 9:45 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hey Majinie
I don´t really know what to write, so I´m just typing something hoping you´ll change it or add to it Wink

Dusk cloaked the surrounding trees, the road that led up to the house and the garden in purple and violet and auburn red.
Most of the day I had spent sleeping, drinking tiny bits of water and wondering what the hell I should do now. So far, I hadn´t come up with a solution. I had run across Talon twice that day, but he was always so busy searching for something, we didn´t talk. The blond girl I didn´t see once, and now I was just strolling through bushes of darkish green beneath the shadows of high firtrees, passing by almost faded roses, coming to rest before an oaktree. Somewhere beyond foggy shreds of clouds stars began to flicker, and the wind rustled quietly through turning leaves.
The air carried a scent of fall, fog and rising damp filling it like a thought, circling back on old memories. I breathed it in deeply and closed my eyes.
Jayden had left sometime that afternoon and wasn´t back yet. He seemed worn out, like someone who had walked a long road and was determined to go on, but also knew he couldn´t for much longer. Or he had been on this road alone for too long.

My thoughts trailed off and then were cut by a soft Snap.
I straightened up and looked at a hunched shadow just beyond the bushes.

“Dreaming beneath the stars, eh?” asked the man, who came forward.
He smiled, his eyes blinking young in a face of wrinkles and gray stubbles. His white hair was bound into a tiny ponytail and he was carrying muddy boots and trousers and hedgeclippers in his hands.
“Uh” I replied, too startled for anything more polite.
“No no, stay, you´re safe under that old oak here, she´s a powerful guardian”.
“How old is she?” I asked.
“About 200 years or something” he said. “So still quite young” He chuckled and sat down beside me. He sighed, grimacing at the pain of aging bones, and then looked up through twisted twigs into the night sky.
“I´m Eleanor” I said.
“My name is Greg”.
“Are you a gardener?” I asked.
“Yes” he said, “I am. And you are kind of lonely”
I laughed silently. “Yes, I kind of am”.
“He is, too, you know” he said. “More than you could imagine right now”.
And then we both fell silent just sitting there in the falling of the night.
Majinie

BeitragVerfasst am: So März 06, 2016 12:39 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Sorry, sorry, sorry that this took so long!! I never forgot this story, I promise, I was just veeery busy.
That was a beautiful paragraph, very sombre and melancholic, somehow... I think I like Greg. Smile To be honest, I'm not sure what our two protagonists look like just yet... Eleanor has dark hair, we know that much, not sure about the length though. And Jayden... pale, we could give him black hair, but Talon already has that, so let's think outside the vampire stereotype box Very Happy What suits him?

---

Greg ushered me back into the building after an amount of time that I couldn't pinpoint, when I was short of falling asleep under the tall oak. I wouldn't have minded, but might have hated myself for it the next morning, so I didn't resist.

The next morning, the quiet sound of my door closing woke me and I blinked, pulling the blanket up higher. I really didn't feel like waking up yet; maybe I'd be able to drift back to sleep.

"Morning," someone greeted and I sighed. Something was being set down on the night stand and I blinked, slightly confused at hearing a female voice instead of Jayden's or Talon's or even Greg's. When I spotted Blondie standing next to my bed, I groaned and tried to glare at her, sleepy as I was.

"Wha' you doin' here?" I asked, my words slurred and tired.

"Well, apparently," she replied testily, "it's my job to take care of you when the boys don't have time." She took a plate from the tray she had brought with her and held it out towards me. "There. Eat."

Wipig my eyes with one hand, I sat up and took the plate. She was being everything but friendly, then again, she did bring me breakfast in bed, so I forced myself to say: "Thanks, I guess."

"You're welcome," she replied just as coolly and crossed her arms as she regarded me. Despite her chilled voice, she didn't actually look like she was planning to murder me anytime soon. No, the expression she regarded me with was more one of thoughtfulness, of... pity? Whatever for, though?

She'd brought the same tasteless breakfast that I had had the other day, simple toast with a small variety of toppings that I decided to ignore in favour of simple, plain butter.

When I had devoured one slice, noticing only while I was eating how hungry I actually was, I began to butter up the next one and asked my silent companion: "So, who're you, anyway?"

"Jemma," she replied and I raised my eyebrows. With the blond, curly hair and the piercing green eyes, I would have expected a more impressive name. Something like... not sure, maybe Cassandra. Or Samantha. Something that fitted the haughty, arrogant impression that I had gotten on our first meeting.

They say 'don't judge a book by its cover', but I could judge people just as I damn well pleased and I had decided that I didn't like Blondie. Jemma. Whatever.

"I see," I murmured, biting into the next slice. Toast may be among the only things I was able to eat right now, but it wasn't exactly easy to get really sated by it. "And you're, what now, my glorified babysitter?"

"Well, apparently," she repeated her first words. Still, she sounded less venomous with every word she said and more and more pitying.

After my third slice of toast, I sighed and glared at her. "Alright, what the hell is it? My hair looking so bad or what is that look for?"

She shook her head slowly and asked: "You really have no idea what you got yourself into, do you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you for that incredibly precise answer."

Jemma didn't answer. Instead, she indicated the tray with a nod of her head and asked: "Are you done eating?"

When she didn't react to my silent, demanding look, I sighed and gave in. "Sure," I muttered, shoving the tray towards her. She collected it, took the glass of water that sat on it and placed it on my night stand before she turned to leave with the rest.

Before the door closed behind her, she remarked: "You'll understand. But I'll let Jayden explain that one to you." With a bitter twist to her mouth, she added: "He deserves it."
Rabenmond

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa März 19, 2016 6:33 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi there!
It took me to come up with something...

That day, I did not make it out of my room. At first I thought I just didn’t want to get up but when I tried, I simply couldn´t.
Nausea, dizziness, and the feeling of being drained of… well, what had I expected? I taunted myself.
Death took its toll.
I didn´t feel hungry, so there was no reason to get up, and I simply lay in bed, slept most of the time, woke, fell asleep again, woke for less time, slept for more and more.
The dim light of a cloudhung day faded into dusk in which everything only looks painted in gray watercolors.
Shreds of dreams crept past my mind, and I was not able to reach them or recognize any of their whispered voices, creepy glances, and bleached faces.
“El?”, someone asked, and my lids fluttered open, so that I saw Jayden sitting beside me as in the flickering pictures of an old movie.
“Hi” I croaked, and couldn’t lift up my head or my arms.
I only saw his face, and was like the translation of a mirror, filled with pain and so many things that were mixed to a very dark shadow. I must look very pale, I thought, and when he took my hand, I managed to squeeze his a little.
My broken lips cracked into a smile and I just wished for tragic string instruments and one sole flute cutting tears into the music like glass.
Jayden smiled and sighed and he said: “The stars are up already” he said.
“Tomorrow there will be a new moon and venus will be there at dawn. Even in Egypt and in old Babylon they worshipped her, you know, the morning star, and probably ever since humanity first lay eyes on her”.
He just kept talking and looked at me and said: “She must have so many more names no one can remember, but in Babylon she was called Istar”.
My eyes fell shut, I felt him kissing me on my brow and he talked and talked about the goddess of an old race that was long gone, I followed his voice to her seven gates and passed through them.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    e-Stories.de Foren-Übersicht -> Never ending stories [English] Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde

Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.